The provider will have clinical expertise in working with patients with acute and chronic illnesses or acute injuries commonly encountered in pediatric patient population. Performs as an interdependent member of the health care team through direct medical care, consultation, collaboration, coordination, and referral. Practices to his/her maximum potential in accordance with State and Federal laws. Functions primarily as a clinician but also has consultative and educational responsibilities; works collaboratively with all care team members supportive of the patient centered medical home model.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clinical – provide health care through health promotion, illness prevention and health restoration; responsibilities include:
- Collection of medical history
- Conducts physical examination
- Medical and/or nursing diagnosis
- Direct diagnostic evaluations including the order and review of appropriate radiographic and laboratory tests; provide consultation
- Formulating patient treatment plans including prescribing medications and follow-up with PCP
- Consultation – provide consultation to patients, their families, care team members, physicians or other health care providers on health maintenance visits, educational programs, individual referrals, peer and nursing staff resources
- Attend and complete appropriate continuing education sessions to maintain State licensure as an APRN or PA
- Teach patients and families community health promotion and illness prevention strategies
- Actively participates in daily huddles with care team members
- May be required to float throughout the organization, as needed
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Prescribe appropriate treatments
- Order tests and vaccinations
- Support the Mission, Vision, and Values of Agape Family Health (AFH)
- Participate in QI related activities, with a focus on providing quality care and closing care gaps
- Is accountable to ensure patient rights and ensures an environment that promotes the privacy, dignity, and well-being of all patients in a safe, secure environment
- Supports and participates in common teamwork
- Promote positive public relations with patients, visitors, and community
- Effectively and efficiently completes all duties as assigned
- Adhere to all HIPAA, State, Federal, accreditation agency, HRSA and TFHC rules and regulations
Customer Service Standards:
- Support co-workers and engage in positive interactions.
- Communicate professionally and timely with internal and external customers
- Demonstrate friendliness by smiling and making eye contact when greeting all customers.
- Provide helpful assistance in anticipating and responding to the needs of our customers.
- Collaborate with customers in planning and decision making to result in optimal solutions.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and deal effectively with difficult situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A master’s degree in nursing is required.
- Florida APRN License is required.
- At least two years of experience as a nurse in a pediatric environment
- At least two years of experience as a nurse practitioner in a pediatric environment.
- Must possess American Heart Association BLS certification.
- Ability to work with persons from a wide diversity of social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to delegate
- Critical thinking
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to navigate and enter data into an electronic health record
- Delivery of customer service consistent with organizational standards